Wednesday, February 1, 2012

99 Days!! Double Digits!!!


  Ye know, some friendships are just good for the soul and my friend Steph is one of those people. You see, deployment is one of the hardest things anyone can go through whether you are the one on the front lines or the one left behind. However, deployments can also bring the ones left behind closer than they ever thought imaginable. I think it brings us closer because no one who has not been in our shoes can even begin to comprehend our lifestyle, and having someone to share that burden with and all the stresses and emotions and ups and downs and challenges and victories that we face just bonds you together stronger than most friendships. But besides from that her and I just "click." And we. have. a. blast. We will be laughing so hard at something that my stomach will be cramping, there are tears streaming down my face, and I am pretty much on the floor. But we've also seen one another cry and she has been there for me through one of the toughest periods of my adult life. My Dad has always said that I should be lucky if I can say that I have 5 true, true friends during any period of my life, and as true as that is, I also know that Steph is one of those five.


  On another note, I was able to have a skype date with Shawn this evening, I even did my make-up!! (<--insert gasp here.) And he looked so handsome and made me laugh and smile. It was just a really good conversation, probably in the top best 5 we have had all deployment. Lol. He really is my knight in shining armor.

  I enjoyed my day off today and (!!) it has warmed up to -14 so far!! YAY! So Steph and I ran all over the place getting some errands accomplished and then we had our weekly "Bachelor" fix. And OMG are these girls just a little more whiny/crazy this season or is it just me? And I'm sorry but Ben is NOT on my nice list right now. Looking forward to Steph's and my's movie and nail date later this week too. So anyway, it has been an awesome day and I didn't stress about work but like once today so, GO ME! Sleep sweet everyone.

And baby? Please be safe today and stay smart and know that you have a wife that loves you so very much and is anxiously awaiting your return home. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment