Thursday, February 16, 2012

85 Days--The Vow

  So Steph and I went to see the newest love story in theaters today "The Vow." For those of you who live under a rock (or are my mother and never turn on the t.v.) the movie is based on true events (the couple said it was loosely based but some scenes hit very close to home.). The woman in the movie (Rachel McAdams) suffers a severe head trauma after a car accident with her husband (Channing Tatum *swoon*) to the point where she completely forgets their life together. [Which in real life is 10 months in the movie it's five years.] So the movie is about their struggle to find who they are as a couple but also who she is individually. I'm not going to say anything else about the movie because I definitely do not want to spoil it for anyone.

  So much of this movie hit home for me. Not because I've been in a traumatic car accident but because what they movie really ends up being about is her finding herself and accepting this completely strange life. I cannot relate to her where amnesia is concerned (although Shawn would disagree and say I have amnesia about things all the time ;) but I can relate to finding things out about yourself that you had no idea existed to begin with.

  There were also a couple of scenes that we very "Shawn" or Shawn and I. And so. I cried. A lot. I don't know I have much several movies because I wanted to cry but for whatever reason this movie made me really miss Shawn. Maybe because the love between the two characters was so evident and their relationship was something I could so easily relate to.

  Nine and a half times out of ten I do not cry on the phone with Shawn. First of all, it makes everything harder on him because I don't want him to think I'm not doing okay. Secondly, I hate crying. But tonight I just couldn't help it, I just started bawling. And he's worrying about me asking if I'm ok and I'm like; *super crying/whiny voice* "Nooo, I miss you and I want you to come homeeee." And he goes into telling me how much I mean to him and how I'm his angel...which makes me cry even harder. After a couple minutes I calm down and tell him that I just really miss him and am tired of coming home to any empty house and I'm tired of cooking for one and walking (although he thought I said talking, lol) the dogs by myself, and just stuff that we would normally do together. *sigh*

  So anyway after THAT we laughed about things and talked about things we wanted to do when he got home and overall just continued to share our life together in the only way available to us. Connecting through phone lines despite being half a world away from one another. He truly is the only man that completes me and makes me feel the way I do. He was given me so much these last couple years and I am so lucky and blessed to call him mine. And I am so glad I get to spend the rest of  my life with the man who has done so many things right.

  Sleep well or have a good day my friends. And I will talk to you in the morning baby, hope your day goes well and I cannot wait to have you home and in my arms once more.

The puppies saying good-night;

No comments:

Post a Comment