Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100 Days!! And its about Gibbers today

Gibbers:


  I'm a couple weeks early but on February 15, 2011 Shawn and I adopted Gibson our 4 yr-old German Shepard mix. When I moved up here I told Shawn, and myself, that I would give the whole one dog thing a chance. And don't get me wrong I love my Molly to death and there's nothing that could come between the two of us but I just like having at least two dogs. So a month to the day I get there we're bringing Gibbers home. Now Shawn did not want a dog, at all. But he loves me and was willing to appease me and go to the pound.  :)

  I actually ended up falling in love with this big, ugly, stinky, adoringly sweet, black Mastiff mix. Unfortunately though he had a lot of health problems and it was going to be a healthy $600-$700 commitment in just getting him to 100% and he was huge. Like 140 pounds of muscle and he was considered underweight. Long story short he didn't work out and I was pretty upset over it. But Shawn and I went back a couple days later and Shawn's going around howling at the dogs (I know my husband is soo mature. Ha.) But funny thing was is that there was this big, furry mutt laying in the kennel and he started howling back at Shawn and I knew at that moment that I could stop looking we had found our dog. After a meeting with Molly, the puppy tests, vaccines, a neuter, and some pain medication he was all ours. And that's when the fun began.

  Gibson was house trained and he even knew "sit," "out," "stay," and "come." However he loved getting into things when Shawn and I weren't home. One of the things he did that drove us nuts is he would pull dishes out of the sink! So Shawn lined the counters with taped down tacks so he would prick his paws enough to take the hint. The dog would put the very tippy top of his nails on the counter, roll the tape out of his way, grab what he wanted, and then get back down. Blew my mind!! Finally we got smart and loaded the dishwasher instead of the sink. Gibson was attached to Shawn's hip when we got him too. Followed him around like nobody's business and, even though Shawn won't admit it, he loves it. It didn't matter what I had in my hand, if Dad was home Gibson could care less about me.

  However, ever since Shawn left Gibson is just as much of my shadow as Molly is, except a little different. Its like Gibson knows I need a little extra protection now. It doesn't matter who is at my house, if I'm sitting on the couch he is not 6 inches away from me and normally he always positions himself between me and my guests. He's always been super friendly with everyone but I know he wouldn't think twice about growling at someone if he thought they were going to hurt me. And he loves(!!!) car rides! The other night I was running my trash to the dump, and I almost always take the dogs, and I was loading Molly into the car and Gibson jumped the fence and hopped in the car, guess he thought I was gonna leave him.

  Anyway I decided to brag about my Gibbers tonight since his one-year anniversary with us is coming up and I didn't have anything super fun to talk about. OH! Except that I printed out the pictures from Shawn's leave and finally put up the wall decor set I bought myself for Christmas and I love the way it looks in the living room. Lol. Other than that all of us here in my town are looking forward to temps above -10 tomorrow hopefully. And also if anyone has any questions that you would like me to address in my blog please feel free to e-mail me at: makinhistory08@yahoo.com. Sleep sweet and everyone. And baby, I hope this brings a smile to your face today and I can't wait to hear from you in the morning. I love you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment