Monday, February 20, 2012

81 Days

Well I have had a very enjoyable/productive couple of days. First of all I had Saturday and Sunday off, the first time I've had two days off in a row since I've been back home (which has already been a month!!). So I caught up on all the stuff around the house that I've let go which means I; did all the laundry, finally unpacked from the trip home, deep cleaned the entire house, and basically organized everything that needed it. I also completed my first my week of school since taking my leave of absence and I am officially halfway through my second week of Operation: Makeover. And I spent some needed time with the puppies as well.

Tonight I cooked dinner for Stephanie and I, hamburger steak, green beans, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and cake. Except the cake ended up looking like I put it through the blender..or that my mom tried to cut it. Lmao! It was super moist and I was trying to ice it and decorate it before Steph arrived and went to flip the top layer on the bottom and it just completely fell a part..However!! It was still amazingly delicious.

Another exciting event was seeing the Northern Lights tonight. I saw them very dimly a couple nights ago and wasn't that impressed but tonight there was a gorgeous green aurora over the house so we stood outside for a bit and gazed at it.

The puppies are doing really well. Molly is on a diet because she's put on a bit too much weight over this last year so I'm starting to work on that. And Gibson is just driving me nuts, he has been so antsy the last couple of days...maybe he feels my excitement over Shawn being home so soon?

Speaking of Shawn I watched our wedding rehearsal video yesterday and we did this disgustingly adorable thing and it was actually caught on tape! He came up behind me and kissed my shoulder and we kissed then we played keep away with kisses until we ended up doing "eskimo kisses." It's so cute, I miss him and our shenanigans.

Operation: Makeover is going really well. And seeing as how I'm in week two and going into week three I've decided to share what I'm doing. So about a month ago Steph was really excited about this workout program that she was doing and I took her first week before and after pictures and you could already tell the difference! So I told her a few days later that I wanted to give it a shot and she happened to have an extra set of DVDs and so I started the program. It's called "Brazil Butt Lift." And It. Is. AWESOME. If you're reading this blog you probably already know me and my personality and let's face it I do not enjoy "working out." I like being active, horses, softball, games, that kind of thing. Well seeing that I don't have those outlets here I decided that enough was freaking enough I needed to do something about my weight. Not only for health reasons but because I was no longer comfortable in my own skin anymore and I hated it. And the biggest reason why I didn't want to change anything was because it was going to take too much effort. To much effort to cook healthy meals rather than grabbing food on the way home. To much effort to come home after working all day and then workout too. So initially I was really nervous about the program. I bought a cardio video a few months ago and couldn't get through ten minutes of it! So I didn't tell very many people about it because to be honest I didn't know if I was going to stick with it. But I have and it is one of the best workouts I have ever done or seen. It's not that its easy and there's some stuff that I'll have to work up to but its doable and that's what is important. I normally have two workouts a day and I haven't missed one and unless something crazy happens I'm not going to. Mostly because I know how disappointed in myself I would be. This is the first time that I've ever molded my life to the way that would make me happy and it is such an empowering feeling and I am absolutely stoked to be able to say "I did it." at the end of this program.

So anyway I'm really proud and happy with the progress and proud of how well everything is going right now. Shawn is going to be home so soon and I am just so stinking excited! AND I think I might know what dress I'll be picking my baby up in. :) And I. Am. Excited! Woo hoo!! Well ladies and gents I will be signing off for the night and talking to my baby. Here's a pic of my blendercake to give you a laugh.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment