Monday, February 6, 2012

95 Days :)

  Well folks its a warm 20 degrees here in Alaska and the sun is beginning to stay a little longer each day. About two and a half more months and we should be celebrating spring/summer. But let's not jump ahead of ourselves just yet. First order of business...getting my baby home.

  We were able to talk for about an hour total today during which he informed me that he might be coming home even earlier than originally slated for. However I'm not holding my breath, its like I told him, I would rather have it in my mindset that he won't be home until 366 days after he deployed than any date earlier because there's no need for that kind of disappointment. BUT it would make him coming home early that much sweeter because it wouldn't be completely expected...so either way..I win. :)

  The warmer weather is here to stay for a few days although I'm praying it doesn't get above freezing because that means most the snow will melt and then once it drops below freezing again the roads will be like ice and that is the scariest condition to drive on.

  Anyway, nothing super new or exciting going on here in Alaska so I think tonight is going to be short and sweet but I hope you all are doing well. And baby, I hope you know how much you mean to me and how excited I am to get you home for good from this deployment. You are the light of my life.

  PS: Here's a cute picture I took of the dogs tonight as we were getting in bed. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment