Friday, December 3, 2010

Layla, Paperwork, and Going to work


It has been a rough couple of days. First of all my mom bred one of her boxers a couple of months ago and monday night she went into labor, except 30 hours went by with no contractions or puppies. So Wednesday they were off to the vet. A couple hours later and being induced into labor Tess was given a C-section. Three puppies were stillborn, 1 had to be put down, and 1 mom brought home. We worked on the little girl, Layla, for 36 hours and after a good fight she passed away in the wee hours of this morning. A sad end to a hard beginning for the little girl, but at least she knew she was loved for a couple of days.


Today has been a day of running around trying to get things done for Shawn and my command sponsorship. I went and waited at the SS office for 30 minutes just to be told that I didn't have the correct paperwork, so I drove down to the courthouse about ten miles away, received the correct form, went back to the SS office, sat for another 30 minutes, received that paperwork, and then headed to the health dept (on the other side of the county), where I received some of the most rude service I have come across, sat for another 40 minutes just to be told that I needed to have an appointment, a 6 page booklet filled out, and a list of documents! CRAZY! SOOO I called my dad to complain about that and he informed me that I'm covered on his insurance until January so yay! Monday I'll be going to my physician with nice receptionists and no paperwork. :)


Today is also my first day back to work in 2 weeks. Which, if I didn't have such a trying day, would be exciting. Because I do miss my friends and my job. So I suppose I'll suck it up and go to work tonight. And maybe make some money even. Lol.


Other than that stuff it's been a relaxed couple of days. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment