Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wedding, Thanksgiving, Honeymoon, and Til next time


This day a week ago we were all rushing around getting ready because in just a few hours Shawn and I would be getting married. This morning I walked my handsome husband and soldier to his gate and said my temporary good-byes. Something that hasn't gotten any easier over the last few months. But before we go getting into that let me tell you about the wedding, Thanksgiving, and our honeymoon.






The wedding was...beautiful. My bridesmaids and I were up until 2 a.m. the night before doing last minute things and it all proved to be worth it. We went to my sister to get our hair and make-up done, except my mom did mine; and both ladies did an outstanding job. After rush, rush, rush to get everything done in time for the salon we came back to our side of town and literally ran into the church-office-turned-dressing-room stripping to get into our dresses in time for pictures. Then after all the fuss and running around the girls and mom and dad left and I had the office to myself where I was able to calm my frazzled nerves, and remember that in 20 minutes I was walking down the aisle to meet the rest of my life. My dog and ring bearer, Molly did wonderfully, my flower girl was adorable, the music was perfect, my Dad was teary-eyed, and my soldier was steady. My pastor prayed, my Dad gave my hand to Shawn, everyone's eyes on the two of us, our eyes met, and we went to step onto the altar and "plop." No I didn't fall but I did pull a Cinderella and lost my shoe. And let me just say that when you're wearing 8 layers of dress that's white and your shoe is white well trying to find and put that shoe back on is like trying to find Waldo in the last page of the book where everyone is wearing that stupid red and white striped shirt. Lol. But alas! My shoe was on, he squeezed my hand, I giggled and we continued up the stairs. Everything was wonderful. Afterwards we took pictures and spent some time together in the sanctuary. And then we headed to the reception!




It was beautiful. Beginning with our parents everyone in the wedding party was introduced and then Shawn and I were announced and we headed for the dance floor. "My Best Friend" played as I swayed in his arms and he tenderly kissed my forehead. He asked me if I wanted to try to spin and so I, very clumsily, spun out and came back to him. It was very..us. After our dance it was my Dad's turn. And that was awesome. :) "My Little Girl" played as he told me how proud he was of me and how important getting my education was...yes he even mentioned it in his toast. Lol. Shawn and his mom danced to "Through the Years" and after we sat down and enjoyed a yummy meal of roast beef, chicken, twice baked potatos, and rice. :) We spent the evening dancing, laughing, and spending the most precious day to us thus far with those who meant the most to us.




The next day was spent putting a list of gifts together and who sent them, paying a couple bills, and just relaxing with one another.




Thanksgiving was really nice. Spending dinner with my family and dessert with his. We cuddled, watched "How to Train Your Dragon", and got ready to leave for our honeymoon.


Friday morning we headed to Savannah with "Honeymoon Bound" "Honk, Honk" on the back of our truck from the bridal party. :) It was a nice drive. I read my book and cuddled against my new hubby while he drove and changed the music every 3 songs or so. Lol. Once we reached the historic city we grabbed a bite to eat and walked around a courtyard filled with art, touristy type stores, and horse drawn carriages. Once we were able to check into our room at the bed and breakfast we spent some time together and then got ready for dinner. It was a nice evening, not hot or too cool, just the right temp to walk a couple blocks to the restaraunt and then head back to the B&B for dessert and a movie. The next morning was a completely different story. 7:30 rolled around and I was running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. It was awful. I have never been that sick before, I was like that until 2:30. After feeling a little bit better Shawn and I ventured out to pick him out a pair of jeans and I came home with a sweet new wallet. When we got back to our room I laid down for a little bit and then started getting ready for dinner when Shawn got sick, and shortly thereafter I started feeling it again. So we cancelled our yummy dinner and our spooky ghost tour, and watched "Along Came Polly" and puked our guts out. :) The next morning we both felt well enough to enjoy breakfast at the B&B and go out on the town one last time before heading home. I drove halfway home and when we finally pulled into my driveway we basically went inside and passed out.


Monday was odd for me. I still wasn't feeling 100% and I was getting a bit testy. I was mad because Shawn was leaving but I didn't want to spend any time away from him, so instead I brooded beside him at breakfast and lunch. Lol. One minute I would want to get mad at him for having to go back and the next I would be crying because I didn't want him to leave. Poor guy probably had no idea what to do with me. He would try to be sweet and all I could do was glare. *sigh* Finally towards to late afternoon I pulled myself together and we were able to walk around one of my favorite parts of town and just enjoy being in one another's company. Later that night we had dinner with our families and had a really good time trading stories and given well wishes and everything.


Tuesday 2:45 AM came much too quickly. We loaded up my Dad's truck and made the hour drive to the airport. I received a gate pass and we kissed and hugged and I cried as I tried to keep reminding myself that I should be joining him in just a month or so.


That was yesterday. After spending lunch with Daddy and then most the afternoon sleeping I went to the wedding shower the ladies from my church were throwing for me. It was such an awesome time. We played games, ate wonderful food, and Shawn and I received some really nice gifts.


The last week feels like it's been the fastest one in my life. But it's no time for slowing down now. Now it's time to get all the paperwork properly filled out, sent in, and documented so we can get myself up there. :)


I hope all of you are doing well and enjoyed your Thanksgiving!!







No comments:

Post a Comment