Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day and Centerpieces


Happy Veteran's Day friends. I hope all of you were able to take the time and thank a past and/or present military person. It's today that we are reminded about the sacrifice it takes to keep this wonderful country free. I am proud to say that my father and brother both served. My Dad was a sergeant in the USAF and my brother served in the USMC, although I'm not sure for how long or his rank. And of course my fiance is currently serving in the US Army. I'm proud of them but also proud of the handful of friends I know who have and/or are serving. And I personally thank any and all veterans, past and present for your service, sacrifice, and allegiance to this nation.


That being said I spent my veteran's day with one of my bridesmaid's doing bouquets and centerpieces. It is amazing how expensive a wedding is. Absolutely crazy. But lucky for us everything we bought was 50% off which was super duper exciting. After spending a couple hours in Hobby Lobby and laughing at our silly selves we headed to grab a super yummy lunch at Ruby Tuesday's and would you believe that they started serving Garlic Cheese Biscuits?!


After lunch we spent some time at Plato's Closet and let me just say that I'm super excited about finding this place! I know exactly where I'll be buying my honeymoon clothes. :)


Speaking of my honeymoon I am so excited about where we're going. It was recommended by my sister that we should go to Savannah, Ga and so that's where we decided to go. A historic little town with cobblestone walkways, majestic oaks, and quaint beds and breakfasts. Shawn and I are staying at a really sweet B&B complete with robes, desserts and coffee, and a courtyard. Not that I'm easily impressed. lol. The other thing that I really like about going there is its a four hour drive. Long enough to listen to some good music and have great conversations but not too long to get butt cramps. Lol.


Other than that it's been an easy day and evening. Only 11 days left until the wedding and only 10 until I get to pick up my baby from the airport. Is it odd that I'm really excited about picking him up? It'll be my first time picking up someone from the airport instead of the other way around. And what's even greater is that I'm picking up my husband to be! I plan on making a shirt for this too. Something cute and telling everyone that I'm there to pick up my future husband. :)


Anyway friends, tomorrow is TGIF I hope you enjoy your weekend. I may not post until Monday because weekends are so busy but you'll here from me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment