Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Bit of Everything


4 Days and I will be married. I feel like it's non stop now. Today was shopping or working on the wedding. All I think about is "Did I get this?" "Did I check the price for this?" "Is this shade of purple going to match this shade?" "Are there enough bows?" "Will I like the greenery?" "When should I begin making the favors?" And on and on and on. On the plus side I don't have work Sat or Sun so I can 100% focus on getting everything into place with a couple of relaxing moments tucked in there. Saturday will be really nice. Me and my bridal party are going to my nail salon to get mani/pedis done. Today was actually a nice time with one of my bridesmaids. My best friend and I went shopping the previous two nights. The first night I didn't think I could find anything although I did like this one dress I just wasn't sure if I loved it. Then last night we went out again and I bought the best jeans ever. I haven't felt this way about jeans in a really long time. They even make my legs look good. :) And then I couldn't stop thinking about this one dress so I went ahead and got the dress today. And shopped for shoes for it, and fell in love with a super pretty pair of bronze/gold flip flops to go with this emerald green and gold dress. Anyway I think it will be super pretty for the honeymoon. In 80 (give or take) hours I will be picking my wonderful husband to be up from the airport and we wil be dashing all around Central Florida to get everything finished in time.


I found out some other really neat news today. My brother, sister-in-law, and niece are going to be able to make it to the wedding which really means a lot to me. It really made me happy to hear from her this evening. Speaking of this evening I also worked on and potentially (waiting on the pastor's approval) finished the ceremony program. I think it came out really nice. It was also a nice way to include my grandmother, uncle, and aunt who have all passed away. I know that my Dad was really touched by that, which made me happy. Everything at the church seems to be getting ready too. I put together 2 slideshows, one for while people are finding their seats and another for a part of the ceremony. Both of those turned out really nice too.


I found out a couple days ago that Shawn and I will most likely be living off post for the first couple of months once I move. It kind of worries me from the aspect of money, but I'm hoping between the increase in his paycheck and me being able to go back to working 6 days instead of 4 once school's out, that we'll be able to come up with everything.


I am so looking forward to our honeymoon. We decided that we do want to do a ghost tour, and we're definitely visiting the Historic District, and taking lots and lots of pictures. :) I've also arranged for when we get back that we're going to meet with a good friend of mine who likes to do photography to kind of drive around town to Shawn's and my's favorite spots and take some nice pictures of us in our wedding attire, something I don't think many couples get the chance to do. Especially everywhere we're going to try to hit.


Then that Tuesday unfortunately he goes back home, BUT it's the same day as my wedding shower which is super exciting. The ladies from my church came together and are throwing me a wedding shower which just really touched me. In fact when Mom told me I started tearing up. You see, I've really struggled the last few years especially with other Christians, but that just really made me feel special, so if any of you ladies are reading this thank you so much, you truly don't know how much it means to me. :) And a special thanks to my pastor's wife for arranging it.


The other thing I'm really excited about next week is the movie "Burlesque" comes out and you can bet your money that I am dragging my new hubby to see that movie the day after we're married. :) OH! And it's of course Thanksgiving amidst all this other hustle and bustle which is also super exciting because I'll be enjoying my husband's and my's first Thanksgiving, and we're having lots of family over with a big meal. I'm baking this super delicious recipe my grandmother taught me a couple weeks ago. It's called pineapple casserole, I know it sounds gross but its yummy. Promise.


Well this blog is a little bit all over the place but that's basically how I feel right now anyway so I suppose it fits. I hope the rest of you have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment