Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Get to know me and my soldier


Hey everyone!! First of all thanks so much for checking out my blog and let me just tell you that I am super excited about beginning this journey and this blog. I know that the ones that become my first readers will most likely know Shawn and I and how we met but I'm really hoping that this blog will become a favorite among women and especially women who go through the same I have and will. So here's a little but about him and me as individuals and then our story. :)

I am 20 years old and a working college student. I live at home with my parents for another month and a half before I make the big move to Alaska. I'm a waitress and going to college to become...something. lol. I was 100% sure that I wanted to become a teacher but I decided that wasn't quite me, so I've switched to either a paralegal or an accountant. I have 2 dogs, although I'm having to find a home for my Boston Terrier because of the move. I also have 2 horses and am selling them too. Horses have been a huge part of my life since I was 4. I have ridden over 150 horses, trained, given lessons, done demonstrations, educational camps, etc. But as this new chapter begins that chapter is temporarily closed. I consider myself a strong person, easy to approach, loyal, honest, trustworthy, caring, and someone who is determined and accomplished. My friends consider me a confidante and someone who they can depend on. I think I'm funny but sometimes I'm the only one who does.

My fiance is 26 going on 27. He is a soldier in the US Army and will deploy in the recent future. He has been divorced once a couple of years ago and has since moved back to Florida. He worked for a company installing invisible dog fences for a couple years and lived with his best friend who also joined with him. He had 1 dog that he loved named Duke and had to give him up when he moved into his best friend's place. His music is his outlet for stress and just to have a good time. He has played the bass guitar in a couple of bands and he knows how to play the acoustic and I think he has quite the voice. I think he would consider himself to be a strong person as well. He is easy to approach, loves to make people laugh, trustworthy, and an someone easy to talk to.

The funny thing about Shawn and I is that at first glance we are polar opposites. When we dated the first time he was 100% rocker guy complete with music, metallica truck, tattoos, and piercings. I on the other hand have a tattoo of a duck and like country, easy listening, and 106.7. I wore American Eagle and boots and he wore Metallica shirts and ripped jeans. But despite our opposite appearances we completed one another.
We met at Cracker Day, a rodeo for our county all about horses, cattle, southern cooking, and a good tan out in the Florida heat. We were both with other people at the time but we ran in the same circles and ran into each other often. My best friend at the time was his as well. A couple weeks after him and the girl he was seeing at Cracker Day broke up he asked my girlfriend if she knew any single cute girls and she gave him a girl's number. Her name was also Jenn and on accident he called me. We talked for a couple minutes and he hung up. The next day he called me again and asked if he could take me on a date. July 4, 2008 was our first date. We kissed for the first time under the fireworks and then hung out at a bonfire. It was perfect. For ten months we dated, and I fell in love with him again and again. But we weren't ready to commit 100% to a relationship so we broke-up for 6 months and didn't talk.
It was during that 6 months that he joined the Army and I decided that I didn't want to go through life without him anymore. A week before Thanksgiving we got in touch again and had breakfast, and I fell in love again the moment I saw him. He looked all cool with his sunglasses, cowboy hat and boots, and jeans. Neither of us was sure why we came back to each other, why we never forgot or completely fell out of love with the other but we did.
On January 19th he left for Infantry Training in Georgia. We weren't able to speak much for the first two months but I got to see my handsome army boyfriend on April 2nd after a trying 8 1/2 hour drive. In May he graduated from basic. In June he finally came home for two weeks surprising me at work. The day he left for Alaska he proposed right before he got on the airplane. I went to visit him in August right before school started and he proposed to me again, except this time with my actual engagement ring. He had our waiter put it in our champagne glasses at dinner, it was adorable.

Now we are 13 days to the wedding and I could not be more excited. I hope you can join Shawn and me on this new journey. I want to write everything down. The good, the bad, the wonderful, the awful, all of it. So my readers can see what being an Army wife is all about, and find out along with me what it all entails. I am really excited over this blog, and I hope you are too.

Thanks for reading,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment