Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Favorite Part of the Day & 7 days!!


Most people when asked what part of the day is your favorite say "afternoon" or "morning" or "evening" etc. But my favorite part of the day normally only lasts but a few moments and it doesn't typically happen every day, although there have been whole days of it, or several moments throughout one day. It's that moment when everything within you is quiet, when you can close your eyes take a deep breath and realize that everything is going to be not only ok, but wonderful. Most the times I find this moment when no one else is around and I am just quietly enjoying the day. I have found this in a variety of circumstances though. A few weeks ago it was when I walked outside my house and there was this perfect breeze and it was absolutely gorgeous outside and in that moment I felt like (this may sound a bit odd) but like God hugged me gently and said "Have a good day." Other times I have felt it while pounding the Earth atop one of the horses that let me escape from the realities of being a teenager. Or it was while my mom held me as I cried over someone who broke my heart. Lol. Today it was when the house was quiet and I was fixing a cup of hot tea when it dawned on me that despite how stressed and worried I was in just a week I was going to marry my best friend. The only man who has made me fall in love again and again, who can make me laugh when I felt like crying, and the only man who completes me in ways I didn't know was possible. In just 183 hours I will be married! I will begin my journey as an Army Wife, but I also begin a journey about myself. Finding out what I'm made of. I want to graduate with my Paralegal degree and help raise a beautiful family, one that supports my husband and our troops. I want to make a difference in the lives of the people I meet along the way. As difficult as it will be leaving my family and everything I know and love here I am really looking forward to this new beginning.


As far as today goes it's been a good one. I got the timelines put together save for a couple of glitches I've run into. I had a nice lunch with my mom and grandma and now I'm updating the blog before I pick up my little sister and head to class. Later tonight my best friend and I are going shopping for an outfit for Shawn's and my's fancy honeymoon dinner. My sister reccommended a nice restaurant for us to go and I'm super excited about it. Actually I'm just super excited about being able to spend a few a days with him without worrying about if there's a sergeant about to walk in, or if there's a formation he has to go to, or having someone to meet for dinner or whatever. So anyway I hope everything is going well for you and thanks for checking in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment