Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello New Year

Well, it's officially the new year. I just about can't believe it. There's still moments that I don't feel like Christmas has come and gone yet. It's like the last couple of months have flown by. And to think that in 9 days I'll be leaving for Alaska is just about unreal. In fact I'm still not packed all that much, and I think I only have one day off from work next week. lol. Yay! Well I figure that if I can plan a wedding in a month I can pack and get everything ready to go in a week.



On a good note I've actually had a blast with my BFFE. We went out to a local town center and when we git there there's this carnival thing so we're sitting in the truck and I'm like we should go to the carnival...and she's like we should? And I'm like yes, we can act like kids, not get in trouble for it, and eat food that's awful for us, what could go wrong?! So that's what we did and we had a blast. :)



Mom and I have also done some hanging out. We watched "Going the Distance" the other, and what a funny movie!! Although, a bit inappropriate. Lol. Either way we laughed and hung out during that movie. And then last night after work a couple girls, one of the guy's we work with, and I went over to the Ale House and grabbed a bite and hung. Which was a ton of fun. Full of laughter and just good fun.



So basically I'm just trying to make it around to everyone one more time before I leave, and if everything goes according to plan I'll be boarding my plane in about 8 days. And I will admit that I think it's all beginning to hit me that everything is happening. I really am moving to Alaska. There's moments where I feel like I've awoken from a dream to find that I'm married and moving 5000 miles away. My Dad has really had a hard time dealing with me leaving, and although I think a lot of it has to do with the weather and conditions I'll be having to face I do think that it would be difficult for him no matter where I went. My mom on the other hand is holding it together just fine...so it seems. I have a feeling that she's just doing a really good job of hiding it. She mentioned earlier in the week when I made a comment about how "fine" she was about everything she said that if she fell a part and I saw that I wouldn't be able to do what I feel like I need to do. And when she worded it that way I think she's right. Dad has always had an iron fist with me whereas Mama and I have always been best friends and had a much more "free" relationship and so her and I are much much closer than I think most mom's and daughter's are and so I think that if I saw her falling a part I would be tempted to make the decision to stay or at least drag the process out. Sooo I suppose she has a point.



On another sidenote I bought my new phone today for my new plan with Shawn. It's the Droid Incredible and I think I'm going to love it. It's super sleek and fancy. :)



OH!! I forgot to tell you guys I found $100 airfare for my Miss. Molly, my labx. So she will be coming up to Alaska the same time I will.



We've also moved back into my old room. At first it was because my little camper trailer was just not cutting it in the cold snaps we had, but now I think it's kind of my way of saying good bye to this house, this room, and the girl who grew up here and saying hello to the new adventure, new house, and new woman who got her wings from here. But enough of that because I really don't want a sappy blog. lol.

Anyway ladies and gents it's my last day singing at church tomorrow and I need to rest. So I'm off to bed. Sleep tight and sweet dreams. :)

1 comment: