Saturday, January 29, 2011

Alaska







Sorry it has been so long since I've been on but we still don't have internet at the house yet. And so much has happened!!

The plane ride to get home was quite horrendous. Orlando to Seattle wasn't bad at all but once we were boarding our plane in Seattle we found that there were computer problems and the hour layover turned into nine and I was with my poor dog, Molly. Luckily I was able to get her out of her crate and let her go potty and spend a couple hours with me. Once we finally boarded it was another 6 and a half hour flight to our final destination. By the time we were home I had been traveling for 24 hours and had only gotten four hours of sleep in the last 48. So I quickly fell asleep in my love's arms.

That weekend was actually a three day weekend for his base and we spent the weekend getting me the proper cold weather gear, shopping for the house, meeting a few of his buddies and setting up the house and kitchen the way we liked it. The following week he went back to work and I began cleaning and turning the house into our home.

It was a lot of fun. I brought all my CD's with me and jammed out as I vaccumed and dusted and lit my favorite candle, and Molly followed me everywhere. Now having the previous night's dishes in the sink is a huge "mess" to me. Molly is adjusting really well up here. I think she loves the time spent with Shawn and I, whether it's while I'm cleaning, we're watching tv, or whatever she is very content. Not to mention she's getting fat with all the treats we give her and not being able to excercise much...although I must admit there are days when I feel like I'm not far behind her.
Shawn and I have hung out a few times with various friends of his and we even have a couple that we hang out with on occasion. They're really nice. The wife and I get along really well and I think that we could become good friends if we took the time to get to know one another and hang out.

Other than that things have taken on a certain rhythm up until last week, but we'll get to that in just a second. Basically Shawn would go to work and I would sleep in until 9:30 or so then get up watch The Real Housewives of OC then clean the house and think about what I wanted to make for dinner. Shawn would come up we would hang out for a little bit then I would get into the kitchen and have fun cooking that night's meal. Then we would curl up in our campfire furniture and watch a movie. And it went on like this for two weeks and I became very bored. But then we went to Anchorage for Shawn's surgery and that kept me busy for about a week, and now he's finally feeling well enough that today we are out and about handling different errands and basically spending the day out of the house. So we went to some office on post and took care of the paperwork that allows for his stuff to be shipped up here and now we're at the library and I'm able to catch up with all of you while he takes care of a couple of business matters. :)

AND I am calling about a job today that's less than two miles from our house and I think would be awesome for me. Actually before I get into that I was originally thinking about not getting a job (we live comfortably without it) and doing volunteer work and being able to focus 100% on school. But I think I would become really bored once he deploys and that's not good. So I was kind of browsing Craigslist and saw this ad for a Montessori School that needs an Assistant in the afternoon and so this afternoon I'm going to inquire about the position and see if I am qualified and maybe get an interview or something. I think it would be really good for me, exposing me to people other than military and being around children. Plus it gives me one more network of friends and companions when Shawn's away. So I'm pretty excited about it.

I think that basically covers it. We're still looking into internet and such but hopefully in the next two weeks I'll be able to post from home (I'm at the library now) and be able to keep you guys updated a bit more often. Hope all of you are doing well and remember to tell your friends about this blog, I would love to be able to share my journey with as many people as possible. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment