Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Less than 48 hours and I'll be "home"


Well in 48 hours I will be heading to my new home with my wonderful dog and husband. It's just about surreal. Unfortunately though I've had "Aunt Flo" and it's been one of the worse cycles I've had in years, excruciating pain in my back and legs along with headaches and nausea. So needless to say I wasn't able to accomplish anything today except taking tylenol and getting Molly's vet records taken care of and getting her a new tag and collar. Tomorrow is going to be a long day of getting everything finished that I wasn't even able to start today. Then after everything is finished I have to bring it all over to my in-laws because that is where everything is being picked up. I'm praying that I'll be able to accomplish it all and still have dinner at my aunt and uncle's, spend time with my best friend, and not lose my mind. I am so unprepared to leave. Ugh.

On another note I'm not sure when I'll have internet in my house so this may be the last post for a little while, unless I post tomorrow night or on the plane.

I'm going to miss everyone so much. Laughing with the girls and mom at the diner making fun of the rude patrons that come in. Catching up on the latest gossip about everyone in town. Working with some of the best friends I've ever had at RL. Getting out of the house spur of the moment and heading to my best friends place. Grabbing sushi and dessert with my girlfriends from work. Being able to crawl into my Mom's bed when I'm not feeling well. Being able to call Mom and meeting at the diner. Coming home and getting into another argument with Dad about how silly I'm being about being insistent upon moving there now and not waiting until after February. Fighting with my sister about whose shirt she's wearing. Tripping over a dog. Riding one of the horses. And the hundred other things I've gotten used to doing that I won't be able to.

As the hours tick by and I'm faced with this overwhelming move I begin to doubt exactly what I'm doing. Is this really what's best for me? for Molly? For Shawn and I? And although I know it is, I'm still stressed and worried about everything. I'm looking forward to this new adventure and I'm so excited to finally be with my husband on a day in and day out basis. I'm hoping that Molly will adjust fine. I'm hoping she'll find that she enjoys the snow and I'm really hoping that I'll be able to spend more time with her. Taking her to Petco, in the car for rides, on walks (once it warms up) and bascially just enjoying having her around and maybe a second dog if Shawn and I decide we have the time, energy, and money for another dog. I do worry about if Molly will be OK without another dog around. She's never been without a companion before, so that worries me a little bit.


Other than that everything is going well. I'm praying that I get some good sleep tonight and that tomorrow I wake-up refreshed and re-energized in order to accomplosh everything. I think I'll be able to. I really do. Between 2 tylenol and a "you can't take me down" attitude I'll be able to get everything finished in time. But right now it's off to bed and to dream about moving into my new home with my wonderful husband and puppy and embarking on this new journey. Sleep tight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment