Monday, January 30, 2012

102 Days

  Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. What a couple days it has been. So Saturday morning at like 8 AM I get my keys and go to auto-start my car. I do this from inside the house and always stand at the window to make sure Stella turns on, well after a couple minutes she didn't. So I went outside and tried to start her again and I get *chug, chug, chug, dead* So thinking that somehow the cord she's plugged into isn't working properly I get a new cord and leave her alone for four hours. I call off work and wait. Four hours are up and I try to start her again. Nothing. So I decide to give it another hour. Mean time I call my mom and tell her the situation, more venting about the frustration of it than anything. I also tell her not to say anything to my dad. Love him to death but I didn't want to worry him unnecessarily. So she meets him for their normal evening coffee and begins to explain a "hypothetical" scenario. I imagine that she did this while looking down at her hands tracing the coffee cup nervously, while trying to hold off a smirk. Well Daddy saw through that real quick, not ten minutes am I off the phone with Mom that I get a frantic call from my Dad asking me "What's wrong? What have you done to fix it? Why isn't it working?" Etc. So I explain to him the entire situation and then call my Mom back. Mom: *Shyly* "Hi JD." Me: "You. Are. Fired! So fired. Like torched and never telling you anything again fired." All the while she and I are laughing. Figures. So anyway tried the car once an hour, on the hour. Never started. So at like 6 pm I decided to let the car sit overnight and see if that helped the charge.

It didn't.

I went out this morning and it still tried to turn over but Stella still wouldn't start. So I called a friend and we tried to jump it. Think that worked?

Nope.

So now my poor Stella won't start. Oh I think I forgot to mention....its been -50 the past two days. And yes that does say negative fifty. So theory is is that the engine is too cold to start. So I am going to wait until it warms up some and its able to thaw and try her again.

Meanwhile though because I inadvertently had three days off I have been able to get the majority of my house in sorts after vacation. AND I cooked dinner and I'm getting used to a little less creamer in my coffee each day. Yay me!

So after being in the dumps about the car for two days I decided this afternoon I needed to get out of the house. So I did. I went to Wal-mart (yes we have one of those) printed out some of Shawn's and my leave pictures, picked up a pizza, and went to my best friend's Steph's house where we talked, watched Katt Williams, and had pizza and cheesecake. And to top off my wonderful evening I got to talk with my hubby. So yay for crappy days turning into good ones.

Tomorrow its work, finishing the laundry and dishes, and maybe the gym. I should also figure out what exactly is going on with classes. Anyway that's about all for now.

Night ya'll. Goodnight baby. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment